Sunday 17 February 2013

Intro - What This Blog Is About:


So, I’ve got round to writing the thing after having told a few people (eh Mick?) for over a year that I was going to write it.

Welcome to my blog: Town Bike Mark, a cycling blog covering utility/town/city/commuting cycling. I suppose you could also call it urban cycling, if you like. Occasionally it’ll feature long distance touring too – as and when I get round to it. The type of bikes and cycling that seems to be a bit rare in these parts – North Hampshire (as opposed to say, London) where everybody seems to be on a mountain bike, so, no different to the rest of the country really. There will also be random thoughts, musings and observations on non-cycling related topics as and when I think of them simply because I thought it would be a good idea to share them with you.

Frequently, talking about cycling involves mentioning fitness and environmental benefits, but I’m not really interested writing about these, although I’m glad that they’re there  – I just like riding the thing – usually quite slowly;  if I break 10 miles per hour, I’m probably riding downhill.

As I said, the main subject will be utility/town/city cycling - think bikes for modified to carry stuff, eg a rack on the back, baskets and lights for actual utility, not sports, typically some call them “Dutch” bikes. Also, everything associated with this in the way of accessories eg luggage, tools and nifty bits and bobs as and when I come across them.


No comments:

Post a Comment